Pet Fire Safety: Protect Your Four-Legged Friends
Did you know? The U.S. Fire Administration estimates a total of 500,000 pets are affected by fires annually. Read more of this article to protect your pets.
Protect Your Four-Legged Friends:
- There are many ways to protect your pets from the dangers of fire. One way to keep them safe is to include your pets in your fire escape plan. Including them in your fire escape plan will ensure that your pets are not left behind.
- Have you ever thought about switching to flame-less candles? Switching to flame-less candles can save your family, pets and home. Pets,especially cats, can climb on shelves and tip or knock candles over. Investing in flame-less candles can keep danger out.
- Do not have your pets with you in the kitchen while you are cooking. Pets are naturally curious which can lead them to accidentally topple over appliances or kitchen towels on your stove tops.
- Avoid leaving your home unless the stove tops control knobs are removed from the stove. If you think that this will require a lot of your time, have your pets stay clear from your kitchen area when you are not home, by placing baby-gates by the doorway.
- Observe your pets when they are scared and see where they hide. In case of a fire, they might go and hide in their “safe zone.” Make sure you identify their zone areas in case of a fire emergency.
One more thing, make sure that you have also prepared some food and supplies for your pets in your escape plan. Please give us a call at 847-673-3473 for any questions or concerns about fire, smoke, mold or water damage restoration or visit our website at www.rainbowintl.com/ChicagoNorthShore for more information.
For more information about Rainbow International of Chicago North Shore, please give us a call at 847-673-3473. Water – we specialize in water damage restoration and clean up caused by flood, broken pipe, frozen pipe, seepage and foundation leaks.
Mold – we specialize in mold remediation, mold clean up and mold removal. This includes black mold and other types of mold.
Fire – we specialize in fire damage restoration and fire damage clean up. Smoke – we specialize in smoke damage restoration, smoke damage clean up, smoke damage remediation and eliminate smoke damage.
Construction – we specialize in basement reconstruction, basement addition, basement construction, basement repair and basement restoration. We specialize in properly handling pack-outs (content cleaning) , inventory documentation, and transporting to a climate controlled storage.
Please visit our website at http://www.rainbowintl.com/ChicagoNorthShore for more information. Proudly serving Skokie, Evanston, Lincolnwood, Chicago, Roger’s Park, Bucktown, Roscoe Village, Lakeview, Old Town, Gold Coast, Streeterville, Loop, West Loop, South Loop, North Loop, Medical Village, Jefferson Park, Norwood Park, Edison Park, Lincoln Square, Humboldt Park, Edgewater, Edgebrook, Albany Park, Andersonville, Boystown, Bronzeville, Brickyard, Cabrini Green, Chinatown, Clarendon Park, Hyde Park, Galewood, Hollywood Park, North Park, Irving Park and Logan Square.