Chicagoland, Lincolnwood, Skokie, Evanston and Golf | (847) 673-3473
Rainbow International® of Chicago North Shore is recognized and respected as a leader in the Restoration and Cleaning industry throughout Chicago, Lincolnwood, Skokie, Evanston and Golf. Our unique knowledge and systems allow us to rapidly dry structures resulting in faster recovery and lower reconstructions cost. We truly believe, the more we educate you regarding Water, Fire, Mold, Smoke and Odor damage, the more you will see that we truly are your only choice when it comes to such unique restoration needs.
Water Damage Restoration Services
Many homes experience Water Damage to some degree. The majority of these types of damages are a result of some type of plumbing failure. When flood damage occurs, it’s important that you call our Trained Professionals at (847) 673-3473 to help fix the problem right the first time. Water damage is progressive and items that could be restored within the first 48 hours may not be restored if emergency response is delayed. Although you might be tempted to use a shop vacuum or call a company that only has equipment to dry carpet, you should consider the fact that water wicks up walls, travel under base molding and sill plates. It will penetrate through floor coverings into sub-floors, even causing much damage to rooms below.
In addition, if humidity inside the structure is not controlled, items that were not damaged from the original flood damage could be damaged as a result of absorbing moisture from the air. Structures that are not dried out quickly and properly can become a food source for Mold growth which may require professional Mold Removal.
Our Flood Damage Restoration Professionals are trained on current procedures, such as Rapid Structural Drying, to dry your entire structure as quickly as possible, using state-of-the-art equipment and technology. Moisture meters are used to locate moisture that may not be visible or may be hidden behind walls or cabinets, so that our Water Damage Restoration Service Professionals can ensure that all wet materials are dry. Because we understand how important it is to react quickly in the unfortunate event of water damage, Smoke Damage, or Fire Damage, you can rely on Rainbow International of Chicago North Shore to provide emergency response and quick professional service 24-hours a day.
DO THE FOLLOWING, in the event of a flood damage:
- Stay calm! Call us at(847) 673-3473.
- Make sure the water source is turned off, this will help contain the damage.
- Turn off the breaker to the damaged area before you unplug or remove any electrical devices located in wet areas.
- Place aluminum foil under the legs of any furniture which is in contact with wet carpet, this might help prevent furniture stains on your carpet.
- Lift Draperies away from wet carpet.
- Pin up upholstered furniture skirts which may get wet.
- Remove books, shoes, paper goods, fabrics, potted plants, and other items which may stain wet carpet.
DO NOT DO THE FOLLOWING, in the event of a flood damage:
- Don’t use your home vacuum, since electrical shock may result, as well as certain damage to the equipment itself.
- Don’t place newspaper in traffic areas to walk on, since newspaper ink transfers easily to the wet carpet fibers and may result in permanent staining.
- Don’t walk on carpet any more than necessary. This will keep the damage from spreading to unaffected areas.
For questions you would like to ask your Water Damage Restoration Contractor by filling out the contact form.