Wow your sweetheart with this awesome cupcake recipe! This sweet treat is a great way to show you took an extra step to make valentines day special. Continue reading Wow Your Sweetheart With This Awesome Cupcake Recipe
Dangers of Smoke Damage and How To React Quickly
Learning how to avoid the dangers of smoke damage and how to react quickly in calling the professionals will keep your home and family safe. Continue reading Dangers of Smoke Damage and How To React Quickly
Top Causes For Fire In Homes and Businesses
Fires are destructive, but do you know you the top causes for fire in homes and businesses and how they can be avoided? Read more for prevention tips. Continue reading Top Causes For Fire In Homes and Businesses
Having a pet in your home is very fun to come home to and very comforting at times, but today we are going to say: no! to pesky pet hair in your home. Continue reading Say: NO! To Pesky Pet Hair In Your Home
Fall is in full swing which means BBQ as much as you can before it gets too cold! Follow these 10 basic grilling tips to help you become a grill master and have more time to spend with your family and friends. These tips are geared towards a charcoal grill because many of us prefer that smoky flavor. Continue reading 10 Basic Grilling Tips
How to Eliminate Odors
Lingering odors in your home are never wanted. You want your home to smell like the dinner you just made not too long ago, not the scraps in your trash. Following the tips provided below will help with eliminating lingering odors. Continue reading How to Eliminate Odors
What to Do After a Flash Flood
Dealing with a disaster is not ever easy, but being informed and prepared will help. Follow the steps below on what to do after a flash flood.
- Seek medical attention: If injured, contaminated water can pose more serious infection.
- Stay informed: Listen to the news outlets. Danger may still be present even after the waters have receded.
- Stay out: Stay out of buildings if flood water is still present. Flood water can create damage to buildings that is not immediately visible. Wait it out until it is deemed safe by local officials.
- Call your agent: Take lots of photos for insurance purposes. Before a flash flood event, check to see what type of coverage you are covered for and what steps you should take in case of a flood. Flood damage is not usually covered by homeowners insurance.
- Have utilities checked: If you sense utility damage, have it checked immediately by a professional.
- Enter with caution: Wear proper clothing to protect you from bacteria from flood waters. Wildlife may have found refuge in your home. Use battery powered lighting to lessen the chance of fire.
- Inspect food supply: Discard of any food that came into contact with flood water, including water bottles.
- Get help: Call Rainbow International Restoration of Chicago North Shore for restoration services. Our team can help pump out remaining standing water, disinfect items that are salvageable and restore your home back to its original state.
Be prepared and have a plan in place. Have an emergency disaster plan in place for your family. This should include a stockpile of non-perishable food and supplies.
Please give us a call at 847-673-3473 for any questions or concerns about fire, smoke, mold or water damage restoration or visit our website at www.rainbowintl.com/ChicagoNorthShore for more information.
For more information about Rainbow International of Chicago North Shore, please give us a call at 847-673-3473. Water – we specialize in water damage restoration and clean up caused by flood, broken pipe, frozen pipe, seepage and foundation leaks. Mold – we specialize in mold remediation, mold clean up and mold removal. This includes black mold and other types of mold. Fire – we specialize in fire damage restoration and fire damage clean up. Smoke – we specialize in smoke damage restoration, smoke damage clean up, smoke damage remediation and eliminate smoke damage. Construction – we specialize in basement reconstruction, basement addition, basement construction, basement repair and basement restoration. We also provide construction, reconstruction, repair, rebuild and additions for homes and businesses. Our facility is equipped to handle pack outs, inventory and off site storage. We also provide contents cleaning, contents pack out and contents storage. Please visit our website athttp://www.rainbowintl.com/ChicagoNorthShore for more information. Proudly serving Skokie, Evanston, Lincolnwood, Chicago, Roger’s Park, Bucktown, Roscoe Village, Lakeview, Old Town, Gold Coast, Streeterville, Loop, West Loop, South Loop, North Loop, Medical Village, Jefferson Park, Norwood Park, Edison Park, Lincoln Square, Humboldt Park, Edgewater, Edgebrook, Albany Park, Andersonville, Boystown, Bronzeville, Brickyard, Cabrini Green, Chinatown, Clarendon Park, Hyde Park, Galewood, Hollywood Park, North Park, Irving Park and Logan Square.
Clean Your Dryer Vent
Lint buildup is one of the number one causes of home fires. Every 6 months or at least annually, you should clean your dryer vent. This will not only lessen the chance of you suffering a fire in your home, but it will also help your dryer run more efficiently and dry your clothes in less time. Continue reading Clean Your Dryer Vent