Ten Amazing Grilling Tips For This Summer
Summer is in full swing and that means lots of BBQs. Follow these 10 basic grilling tips to help you become a grill master and have more time to spend with your family and friends. These tips are geared towards a charcoal grill because many of us prefer that smoky flavor.
- Keep your grill clean to ensure its longevity. Empty the old ash before you start to grill.
- Ensure the grates you will cook on are clean. Once you are done grilling, cut an onion in half and poke it with a grilling utensil and rub the open part of the onion on the grates. This should be done when the grill is still warm.
- Use a chimney starter to prepare your charcoal. Do not use lighter fluid. It should take about 10 minutes for the charcoal to be ready.
- Once your charcoal is ready, pour the charcoal from the chimney starter into your grill. Depending on what is on your grilling menu, you should use different heat zones configurations for your charcoal. I pour my charcoal in only half of the grill, since I cook meat that usually needs to take its time.
- You can add different pieces of wood to your charcoal to create different flavors.
- Grease your grate with vegetable or canola oil with tongs and a paper towel to ensure your food doesn’t stick to the grates.
- Control your heat in the grill by opening and closing the vents on your grill to the desired oxygen flow. When your flame gets out of control, put the lid back on.
- Grilling fruit, vegetables or tufu? Use a grill basket. Grill baskets will make sure your food isn’t falling through the grates and will still have that taste you love.
- Unsure if something is fully cooked? Use a digital thermometer to check the food’s inside temperature.
- Let your food sleep. Once I pull my food off the grill, I like to wrap my food in aluminum foil and let the remainder of the heat continue to cook the meat. At the very least, let your food sleep for at least 15 minutes.
The 10 basic grilling tips above will help you fine tune your grilling skills. Remember to always be safe when cooking with fire. Keep children and pets away from your grill and grill away from your home. Have something nearby in case you need to put out a fire immediately and use proper cooking utensils.
Please give us a call at 847-673-3473 for any questions or concerns about fire, smoke, mold or water damage restoration or visit our website at www.rainbowintl.com/ChicagoNorthShore for more information.
For more information about Rainbow International of Chicago North Shore, please give us a call at 847-673-3473. Water – we specialize in water damage restoration and clean up caused by flood, broken pipe, frozen pipe, seepage and foundation leaks.
Mold – we specialize in mold remediation, mold clean up and mold removal. This includes black mold and other types of mold.
Fire – we specialize in fire damage restoration and fire damage clean up. Smoke – we specialize in smoke damage restoration, smoke damage clean up, smoke damage remediation and eliminate smoke damage.
Construction – we specialize in basement reconstruction, basement addition, basement construction, basement repair and basement restoration. We specialize in properly handling pack-outs (content cleaning) , inventory documentation, and transporting to a climate controlled storage.
Please visit our website at http://www.rainbowintl.com/ChicagoNorthShore for more information. Proudly serving Skokie, Evanston, Lincolnwood, Chicago, Roger’s Park, Bucktown, Roscoe Village, Lakeview, Old Town, Gold Coast, Streeterville, Loop, West Loop, South Loop, North Loop, Medical Village, Jefferson Park, Norwood Park, Edison Park, Lincoln Square, Humboldt Park, Edgewater, Edgebrook, Albany Park, Andersonville, Boystown, Bronzeville, Brickyard, Cabrini Green, Chinatown, Clarendon Park, Hyde Park, Galewood, Hollywood Park, North Park, Irving Park and Logan Square.